Course Code: GT3F 47
SCQF Level: 7
Mode of Study: Part time/in the workplace
Length of Study: Dependent on employment demands
Entry Requirements: Please see entry requirements page
This qualification will confirm a candidate’s occupational competence as a Lift Supervisor. It informs employers, industry managers and card schemes that you have the skills required to conduct the duties of a Lift Supervisor to a nationally recognised standard. Ensuring that everything is carried out safely and in accordance to planned procedures for the various lifts you will be involved in can reduce costs and improve safety and efficiency.
Candidates will be assessed to the industry recognised National Occupational Standards (NOS) that have been developed by the Sector Skills Council (SSC).
Complete 8 Mandatory Units
- Develop and maintain good working relationships
- Supervise lifting activities
- Implement, maintain and review systems for health, safety, welfare, wellbeing and environmental protection
- Co-ordinate work control
- Allocate and monitor the use of plant, equipment or machinery
- Maintain the dimensional accuracy of the work
- Co-ordinate preparation for site operations
- Allocate work and monitor people’s performance