Programme Code: TAS001
Traffic management operatives use a variety of skills to ensure appropriate traffic management is implemented for construction and maintenance to be safe.
The Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) programme will be delivered through:
- classroom presentations to cover the knowledge required to effectively and safely setup traffic management
- on-site practical training and assessment
- 1 on 1 tutoring
Who this is for
Anyone who works on roads and is looking to improve their ability and knowledge in setting up TTM.
Candidates must be over the age of 16 and employed in a job role that involves setting up temporary traffic management.
- Understanding and using the Safety at Street Works and Road Works – A Code of Practice
- Traffic Signs Manual: Chapter 8: Temporary traffic management arrangements for different types of work
- Roles and responsibilities
- Setting up TTM safely: Understanding Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Productive work practice: How to plan and prepare for TTM
On enrolment to the programme, candidates must choose a minimum of 1 route to complete their qualification.
- Static TTM on high speed roads
- Mobile TTM on motorways and dual carriageways
- TTM on urban and rural roads
What will I achieve at the end of the programme?
- SVQ in Temporary Traffic Management SCQF 5
- QFI’s Certificate of Learning Achievement in Temporary Traffic Management
- Information, Communication Technology SCQF 5
- Sign Lighting and Guarding NRSWA
- Candidates can register for a CSCS card in Temporary Traffic Management Operative
The cost of the programme will vary depending on whether there is funding available to the candidate.
Please click here for further information – Funding & Cost Explained